First Presbyterian Church: Feeding the hungry, body and soul
- Announcement: (May 8 2020) An anonymous donor has offered to match dollar for dollar up to a total of $500 of donations to support the food pantry at Jones Center. If we meet this challenge, Jones Center will receive $1,000. Donations are to be mailed to the church office by May 31. The checks must have Jones Center in the memo. Jones Center gets no help from The Chicago Food Depository so they are dependent on other sources for food. The people they serve need food to survive.
- All Monday Community Dinners are still unscheduled. Check back.
- Update 5-10-20: For updates about what's happening, visit fpchw.org/sermon to experience our online worship services. In addition to our April 19 2020 service we have celebrated Palm Sunday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, and Easter Sunday online services. We will continue to share our online worship services. During the week, all past services will be available to you. Every Sunday a new service will be offered for the entire day. Monday, it will be included in "past" services. Thank you for your continued support.
First Presbyterian Church of Homewood is a Christian community of faith in the Presbyterian Church (USA) denomination and we have been actively sharing the faith since 1858. First Presbyterian Church is a congregation of approximately 150 members bound together by our commitment to Jesus Christ.
We value worshiping together joyfully, wrestling with scripture faithfully, and reaching out to our local and global neighbors with compassion and hope.
Our congregation welcomes all people who trust in God's grace in Jesus Christ and want to become a part of the fellowship and ministry of his church. The gospel leads us to extend the fellowship of Christ to all people. If we do not do so, we would be rejecting Christ himself!
It is with joy that we greet you. We hope you will look over the many opportunities for mission and ministry at First Presbyterian Church of Homewood. You are welcome any time!
Grace and Peace,
Pastor Dudley Elvery
PS---Worship with us at 10:30 a.m. Sunday mornings.
Adult Bible study is from 9:30-10:20 a.m. year-round.
Our building is air conditioned in the summer and there is an elevator through the garden entrance off the back parking lot.
Monday Night Community Dinners!
First Presbyterian Church of Homewood offers a free evening meal every Monday from 5:30-6:30 p.m. downstairs in Westminster Hall (handicap accessible).
Thanks for a successful 2019!
First Presbyterian Church of Homewood would like to thank the followiing local establishments for their donaions to the successful Monday Night Community Dinners in 2019:
Delicious fried chicken from the Fifth Quarter & Press Room Eatery was enjoyed by all dinner guests on January 28.
For March 18, we purchased the fixings for a corned beef and cabbage dinner using a gift certificate from Walt’s.
On June 24, Aurelio’s provided yummy mostaccioli and bread.
Ice cream cups from Dairy Queen were enjoyed by all dinner guests at our free Community Dinner Monday, July 1.
Aurelio’s provided their award-winning pizza served at the free Community Dinner Monday, November 18.
For December 23, we were able to purchase ham and other holiday food using our second gift certificate from Walt’s.
- Matthew Michalik of Edward Jones
- Homewood Disposal Service, Inc.
Dinners are open to everyone.